Sunday, December 30, 2012


I have had a hard time motivating myself to write a blog post 
when so much more important happenings deserve our collective attention.  
I feel for all the fellow New Yorkers still left homeless by hurricane Sandy 
while they await desperately needed help.  
I feel for those who just wanted to escape into a movie, 
do some holiday shopping or go to school and lost their lives to violence.  
I feel for the parents, siblings, children, friends and other loved ones who will miss those smiles.  

As this year winds to a close I appreciate my life more then ever.  
I give thanks for all that is good in it.  
I am grateful to be able to hug my son at night and ask him about his day.
 To sleep next to a man that loves and cares for me.  
To be alive.  

I look forward to this new year with hope and optimism.
Happy New Year - now go hug somebody

No comments:

Post a Comment